Friends of Cabbage Tree Bay volunteer group
In 2012 the Friends of Cabbage Tree Bay (FOCTB) volunteer group was established in partnership with Fisheries NSW to protect the highly diverse marine flora and fauna of Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve.
In 2014, the volunteers won the Keep Australia Beautiful NSW Award for Community Actions and Partnerships in the Sustainable Cities Awards.
In 2020 our oceans must remain a priority. Marine biodiversity is critical to the health of people and our planet. Friends of Cabbage Tree Bay volunteers are protecting this Aquatic reserve for future generations.
Become a volunteer
We are looking for volunteers who love Cabbage Tree Bay to help preserve and protect this ‘No Take Aquatic Reserve’.
What do our volunteers do?
- Educate visitors about the biodiversity of Cabbage Tree Bay
- Increase public awareness of conservation issues within the reserve
- Provide visitor information services which encourages appreciation of the reserves values
- Participate in relevant Northern Beaches council events to promote FOCTB
- Keep an eye out for illegal poachers/fishermen/people gathering from rock platform
- Inform Fisheries of illegal activity
- Update blackboard with information from divers and snorkellers (what they have seen)
What is the commitment?
Weekends 1 x shift per month, 10am – 12.30pm OR 12.30pm – 3pm
How do I become a volunteer?
- View the position description
- Submit an online enquiry or contact the Volunteer Coordinator on (02) 8495 6602.
- We will be in contact with you to book into one of our volunteer sessions
Check out Friends of Cabbage Tree Bay on Facebook.