Hear the heartfelt reasons why some of our Northern Beaches locals love giving back. Small acts of generosity can create big ripples of change.
There are so many great ways you can get involved in your community – you can volunteer, or try something new while meeting new people:
- Community Directory: Find detailed information about local community services, organisations and groups.
- Culture Map: Check out this online map plotting the location of cultural and creative resources, businesses and events within the Northern Beaches.
- Course and Activity Directory: Find a huge range of activities and courses held in 38 Community Centres across the Northern Beaches.
- Bushcare groups: Join one of our Bushcare groups who work hard to rehabilitate our natural bushland.
- Aboriginal Heritage Office Site Monitoring: Become a Volunteer Site Monitor and monitor for any change, damage or potential risk at an allocated aboriginal heritage site.
- Cemetery gardening: Join one our cemetery gardening groups for gentle weeding on the graves in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Local libraries: Find out what’s happening in our six local libraries.
- What’s on: Find out what’s going on in the Northern Beaches for you to get involved in.
Give something back
As well as making a difference to the lives of others, volunteering helps you to develop skills, create new social networks, meet like-minded people and be actively engaged in the community.