Northern Beaches Council is committed to reducing single use plastics and protecting our beautiful oceans, waterways and parks from plastic pollution.
That's why the theme for this year's sand sculpture competition is 'Keep our oceans plastic free'. Each entry should convey a strong message about reducing single use plastics.
Bring your own bucket and spade.
Work together as a family, create a team, find a partner or enter solo. 20 entries maximum for each category:
- Team (max 5 people)
- Family (max 5 people)
Bookings open 1 March 2019
Limited spaces, book early to secure your spot and avoid disappointment.
- 9am: Competition registration desk opens
- 10-10.30am: How to Sand Sculpture skill building workshop (optional - no booking required)
- 10.45am – 12.30pm: Families and teams competition
- 1.30 – 2pm: How to Sand Sculpture skill building workshop (optional - no booking required)
- 2.15 - 4pm: Singles and doubles competition
*Competitors must sign in at the registration desk at Manly Beach no later than 30 minutes before the start of their competition.
Winners will be announced at the end of each competition. There are prizes for winners of each category.