Mona Vale Beach is a surf beach that runs south east for 1km between the rock platform that divides it from the Basin, to the foot of the 30m high shale cliff that separates it from its southern neighbour Warriewood to which it is periodically joined. Basin Beach is a 300m semi circular beach in the lee of the northern Mona Vale Head.
- Good swimming and body surfing conditions
- Strong shore break at times
- Excellent surfing conditions at the north end
- Good surfing breaks along the beach. Best in north easterly winds
- Toilet and shower facilities at surf club
- Accessible toilet access located at surf club
- North end of beach toilet and shower facilities
- Picnic area
- Picnic shelters
- Viewing platform
- Electric BBQs (Apex Park)
- Playground equipment (Apex Park)
Car parking is available for free for vehicles displaying a valid Northern Beaches Council parking permit. For those without a permit pay and display is available and fees are displayed at the meter.