- Any money, valuables or goods that you bring with you to Currawong remain your responsibility.
- Currawong Beach Cottages and Northern Beaches Council are not responsible for their safekeeping and will not replace damaged, lost or stolen items.
A 50% deposit is payable by credit card at the time of booking.
The balance of payment is due 30 days before your arrival date. If you book within 30 days of your arrival, the full amount is payable.
Split payments for group bookings are not accepted.
Camping is not allowed at Currawong State Park.
If you wish to change or cancel your booking more than 30 days before your arrival date, you may:
• move your booking to another available date,
• credit your deposit to your account to be used for a future booking within 18 months, or
• cancel your booking and receive a full refund (less an administration fee).
You may change your booking dates once at no extra charge. If you require any further changes more than 30 days before your arrival date, these will need to be approved by management and will each incur an administration fee (payable at the time the change is made).
If you wish to change or cancel your booking:
• 15 to 30 days before your arrival – you will forfeit your deposit
• within 14 days of your arrival – you will lose the full payment amount.
When applying our cancellation policy, we will take into account any changes to the government guidelines on COVID-19 since you made your booking. However, please ensure that you and the people in your group are eligible to travel and stay at Currawong at the time of booking (e.g. no border restrictions apply and your group does not exceed the maximum number of people allowed), or you may not be entitled to a credit or refund.
If you already have a booking with us but are now affected by COVID-19 restrictions, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can help you to rebook.
Our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of our guests and managers as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to pose a health risk. We assure you that we are taking hygiene seriously. You can be confident that facilities at Currawong Beach Cottages are being cleaned to the highest standard, and that our managers are employing heightened levels of sanitation.
We remind guests to plan ahead before booking to stay at Currawong. Please be mindful of the current Government guidelines relating to Covid-19 (https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under-rules) to understand whether you are eligible to travel and stay at Currawong (e.g. no border restrictions apply and your group does not exceed the maximum number of people allowed). See also our ‘Cancellation policy’.
For the safety of our guests and managers, guests visiting Currawong must comply with current COVID-19 restrictions under government and public health order directions while on the site. This includes meeting guidelines on physical distancing and maximum group numbers.
Due to severe operational constraints at Currawong State Park, visitor numbers are strictly controlled.
If any guest wishes to invite day visitors, they must obtain prior express permission from Management. All visitors invited onto Currawong State Park must first report to the office on arrival.
Management has the right to strictly limit the number of visitors.
Extra people, above the number of people you have registered and paid for, are not allowed to stay at Currawong State Park overnight.
Allowing extra people to stay overnight will lead to the immediate termination of your booking and forfeiture of the balance of your booking payment.
- Currawong Beach Cottages is a heritage listed site and group bookings will be discouraged if it is felt that the site will be treated disrespectfully.
- Bookings for ‘schoolies week’ or other party groups will not be accepted.
- Management reserves the right to refuse any booking or to direct any guest to leave the site if the person refuses to comply with these terms and conditions, or causes a nuisance or interferes with the use and enjoyment of the site.
- We have 2 slip ropes for smaller boats and 1 deep water mooring available for in-house guests. To secure one of these moorings during your stay, you will need to book in advance of your arrival.
- The peaceful enjoyment of all guests at Currawong Beach Cottages and its facilities is important.
- Please be aware that between 10pm and 6am noise restrictions take effect and outside noise needs to be kept to a minimum. If you are entertaining in the outside areas please be aware of this or move guests inside.
- Amplified music is not permitted outdoors so as not to disturb other guests who come here for the quiet.
You will need to provide a credit card for pre-authorisation on arrival if we don’t have your credit card details on file. The pre-authorisation may be used as a security bond or deposit to cover breakages or damage caused during your stay, or if additional cleaning, rubbish removal or laundry is required.
The pre-authorised amount is set aside by the card issuer for a period of up to five business days. Where a credit card is not available, a cash deposit is required on check-in:
Midholme or Lodge = $200, Caretaker’s Cottage = $100, Cabins = $80 each.
- For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors to the park, the person who makes the booking is responsible for the behaviour of everybody in the group visiting or staying at the site, and this person must be present throughout the booking period.
- Currawong Beach Cottages and its facilities are for the enjoyment of you and your children. Supervision is important for your children’s safety so that they are not a danger to themselves or others. Children must be supervised at all times when near the water and on the golf course.
- When staying overnight, guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Bicycles, scooters and skateboards are not allowed at Currawong State Park.