We love the Northern Beaches and we love our cafes. To look after both, we are moving away from single-use coffee cups and embracing the circular economy with 'swap and go' coffee cup systems.
These systems enable customers to take their empty swap cup to their participating café and purchase a coffee in a clean swap cup.
Let's go 'swap and go' program
We’re assisting a limited number of cafe owners get set up with a ‘swap and go’ coffee cup system. Selected business will receive a free stock of reusable ‘swap and go’ coffee cups.
Your café is eligible to apply if:
- you do not currently have a 'swap and go' coffee cup system in place,
- your business is within the Northern Beaches LGA, and;
- you are working towards reducing single-use plastic, including disposable coffee cups.
Businesses will also be assessed on the desirable criteria outlined in the EOI.
Steps to get involved
- As each system is different, research each system by reading the swap and go information sheet. You can see the specific details of our support for Green Caffeen, Huskee Swap, Returnr and Claycups.
- When you are ready to move forward, apply for the program by completing the expression of interest form.
- Include your preferred choice of system in the EOI.
Round 1 and 2 are closed. Round 3 is now open and submissions will be reviewed as they are received. Get in quick, as the EOI will close when all swap cups have been allocated.
You can watch our webinar recording to hear from Council’s Waste Educators, Environmental Health Officers and the panel of ‘swap and go’ providers. An accessible version of the webinar is also available.