The COVID-19 Summer Action Plan for Outdoor Public Spaces supports NSW Public Health Orders and recommendations and provides a framework for how Council will work with NSW Police, Surf Lifesaving and other authorities over summer.
It details proactive measures Council will implement including:
- establishing a Beach Safety Working Group with key stakeholders to deliver a coordinated response
- additional flagged areas to reduce crowd density
- increasing cleansing of public places
- monitoring by rangers and lifeguards with reminders of social distancing and crowd gathering restrictions
- ongoing review of parking restrictions
- and consistent communication through onsite signage, website, lifeguard announcements and other digital and social channels.
The Plan also details how Council will apply a staged response based on actual and forecasted crowd levels at beaches, considering crowd densities calculated for each beach when social distancing restrictions are applied.