We’re building a new multi-use community centre on the existing site of the Nelson Heather Centre on the corner of Jacksons and Pittwater Roads.
The centre will be an attractive, modern, and resilient building with the capacity to switch to an Emergency and Recovery Centre during a period of community crisis.
The building will feature:
- five multi-purpose halls suited to a wide range of recreational activities
- two multi-purpose meeting rooms
- a community lounge room, providing a safe and accessible space
- large covered outdoor spaces which overlook landscaped gardens
- modern and accessible amenities, including showers
- multiple and adaptable kitchen facilities.
The design also incorporates best-practice sustainability principles to meet the growing community.
The $11.5 million community centre has been funded by Development Contributions
Want more information?
Contact the Project Manager: Michael England, Major Building Projects on 1300 434 434
A Development Application was lodged on 29 March 2021, DA 2021/0199.