We're transforming our library services with bold and innovative actions over the next five years.
24/7 access, increased programs and events and fewer fees are just some of the key priorities of the new five-year Library Strategic Plan endorsed by Council this week.
Our libraries are loved and treasured by so many in the community, from parents and bubs at Baby Bounce, to HSC students studying, to adults dropping by for technology help or author talks.
They are so much more than a book collection, they are innovative and interactive hubs that provide safe, inclusive spaces for learning, relaxation and community connection.
Under the new Library Strategic Plan, we will continue to adapt and evolve to meet the needs of our fast-changing world. There are 36 key actions to be implemented over the next five years, including:
- offering 24/7 access to libraries where feasible
- increasing the delivery of engaging programs, events and exhibitions
- strengthening and diversifying collections
- reducing fees
- hosting innovative digital programs, events and exhibitions
- exploring new ways to document, capture and exhibit local stories
- expanding access to history and heritage collections
- long-term planning for home library services to meet future needs.
Thank you to everyone who shared their ideas and feedback on the draft strategy.
View the Library Strategic Plan 2023-2028.