Your local library has everything you need to help you do your homework. Here you’ll find links to useful homework resources.
Research Databases by subject
Access thousands of authoritative journals, articles and images on a wide range of topics.
- Gale OneFile: Comprehensive periodical content about Australia and New Zealand, complemented by global news, reference, and multimedia coverage.
- Gale OneFile: Global issues: Topic overviews, international viewpoints, news and multimedia content on a range of important global issues and events.
- Gale OneFile: Diversity Studies
- Gale OneFile: Fine Arts
- Gale OneFile: Gender Studies
- Gale OneFile: Information Science
- Gale OneFile: Pop Culture Studies
- Gale In Context: Opposing viewpoints: Summaries, news and opinions on hundreds of current social issues.
- National Geographic Virtual Library
- National Geographic Kids
- World Book Online Encyclopedia: Interactive games and engaging content designed for Primary and High School aged children.
- World Book Kids: Easy-to-read articles, engaging games, science projects and activities for students 6 - 10 years.
- World Book Student: A one-stop shop for cross curricular learning, featuring a Biography centre, current events and research guides, designed for students 8 - 16 years.
- World Book Advanced: Primary source documents, biographies, Back in Time articles, In the Headlines live news feed and world newspapers, designed for students 12 years and over.
- Biography: Contextual information on the world’s most influential people.
- World Book Timelines: A growing collection of 650+ unique Timelines spanning the arts, science and technology, society and culture, sports, world history, geography and more, designed for students 8 years and over.
- World History: An overview of world history covering the most-studied events, cultures, civilizations, religions and more.
- Health and Wellness: A comprehensive database with access to full-text medical journals, magazines, reference works, multimedia and more.
- Environmental Studies: Authoritative reference content in the areas of the environment, energy and natural resources.
- Science: A comprehensive database to aid understanding and provide context for hundreds of science topics through journals, news, interactive experiments and more.
- Interactive Science: Manipulate 3D interactive models to visualise and understand concepts in biology, chemistry, earth and space science.
Studiosity is an online study platform that offers personalised support and feedback whenever you need it. Test your knowledge with curriculum-based quizzes, speak to a subject specialist in real time or submit a writing assessment for review. Access Studiosity with your library card number and PIN.