All hirers must abide by the following when hiring a meeting room at Northern Beaches Libraries.
- All bookings require payment in advance of use;
- Bookings can be made three months in advance, and
- Cancellation of a room booking within 48 hours will incur a fee of $30 per booking.
Care of Premises
- Hirers have responsibility for keeping rooms clean and washing any utensils used, and
- Rubbish should be placed in the bins provided or removed from the premises by the hiring party.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted in any of the library meeting rooms.
- Smoking is not permitted in the meeting rooms or any Council facilities.
- Hirers have responsibility to keep noise at a level which does not cause annoyance to others using the library space.
Duty of care
- Hirers have responsibility for the care of participants in a group and nobody should be put at risk.
- Any room capacity limits must be respected at all times
Public Liability Insurance
- Those hiring a room for commercial or profit-making purposes will need to have appropriate public liability coverage for the event they are conducting, and
- Those hiring a room for not for profit use may be asked to have appropriate public liability coverage if the event they are conducting is considered to be a high risk activity.
If rooms are not booked, meeting rooms may be available to use for quiet study. The door must be kept open and no mobile or zoom calls are permitted.