All hirers must abide by the following when hiring a meeting room at Northern Beaches Libraries.
- All bookings require payment in advance of use;
- Bookings can be made three months in advance, and
- Cancellation of a room booking within 48 hours will incur a fee of $30 per booking.
Care of Premises
- Hirers have responsibility for keeping rooms clean and washing any utensils used, and
- Rubbish should be placed in the bins provided or removed from the premises by the hiring party.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted in any of the library meeting rooms.
- Smoking is not permitted in the meeting rooms or any Council facilities.
- Hirers have responsibility to keep noise at a level which does not cause annoyance to others using the library space.
Duty of care
- Hirers have responsibility for the care of participants in a group and nobody should be put at risk.
Public Liability Insurance
- Those hiring a room for commercial or profit-making purposes will need to have appropriate public liability coverage for the event they are conducting, and
- Those hiring a room for not for profit use may be asked to have appropriate public liability coverage if the event they are conducting is considered to be a high risk activity.