Your local library has everything you need to help you do your homework. Here you’ll find links to useful homework resources.
Online Tutoring with Studiosity
Studiosity is an online tutoring service offering just-in-time homework and study help to students in years 3-12. Assistance is available in the subjects of English, maths, science, research and study skills. Students are able to upload a draft of their essay or written assignment and receive expert feedback in less then 24 hours. Live online chat support is also available from 3.00pm - 10.00pm, Sunday to Friday.
To access Studiosity, use your library card number and PIN to log in.
If watching documentaries or instructional films is your preferred method of study, take a look at our online streaming service Kanopy. You can stream films/documentaries on biology, mathematics, politics and current affairs, media and popular culture, history and much, much more! All you need to do is sign up using your library card number then browse all subjects available.
Databases by subject
We subscribe to many high quality databases, giving you access to thousands of authoritative journals, articles and images on a wide range of topics.
- Bloomsbury Applied Visual Arts - Get instant access to over 170 highly illustrated eBooks that look at fashion, illustration, photography, film and more.
General Reference databases:
- Britannica Library - This extensive online resource contains content from Encyclopedia Britannica, the world's leading encyclopedia.
- Australian/New Zealand Points of View Reference Centre - See points and counterpoints on current issues in today's society.
- MasterFILE Complete - Access a large range of general reference publications on many subject areas.
- History Reference Centre - Browse through thousands of reliable sources including primary source documents, biographies, photos, maps and more.
- Consumer Health Complete - From evidence-based reports to images and diagrams, this database contains extensive information on a diverse range of health related subjects.
- GreenFILE - This database offers a unique perspective on the positive and negative ways humans affect the environment.
- Science Reference Centre - This database covers everything from applied sciences to astronomy.
The Library’s eBook collection can be read on your mobile device and includes nonfiction titles on popular subjects including cooking, travel, biographies, politics and sport.