Your local library has everything you need to help you do your homework. Here you’ll find links to useful homework resources.
Research Databases by subject
We subscribe to many high quality databases, giving you access to thousands of authoritative journals, articles and images on a wide range of topics.
- Britannica Library - This extensive online resource contains content from Encyclopedia Britannica, the world's leading encyclopedia.
- Global issues - Analyse important global issues and events through topic overviews, international viewpoints, news and multimedia content.
- Opposing viewpoints - This database is designed to present opposing viewpoints of prominent issues. You will find summaries, news and opinions on hundreds of today's important social issues.
- Biography - This database provides contextual information on the world’s most influential people.
- World History - This database is designed to provide an overview of world history covering the most-studied events, cultures, civilizations, religions and more.
- Health and Wellness - In this comprehensive database, you can access full-text medical journals, magazines, reference works, multimedia and much more.
- Environmental Studies - This database provides authoritative reference content in the areas of the environment, energy and natural resources.
- Science - This comprehensive database aids understanding and provides context for hundreds of science topics through journals, news, interactive experiments and more.
- Interactive Science - Manipulate 3D interactive models to visualise and understand concepts in biology, chemistry, earth and space science.
Studiosity is an online study platform that offers personalised support and feedback whenever you need it. You can test your knowledge with curriculum-based quizzes, speak to a subject specialist in real time or submit a writing assessment for review. To access Studiosity, use your library card number and PIN to log in.
Animalia Education for Libraries is an interactive literacy app based on Animalia, the iconic picture book by Graeme Base. Children work through various activities while meeting every character from the picture book along the way. Animalia is compatible with iPads, Macs, Windows and Android devices. Once you have downloaded the app, use your library card number to log in.
If watching documentaries or instructional films is your preferred method of study, take a look at our online streaming service Kanopy. You can stream films/documentaries on biology, mathematics, politics and current affairs, media and popular culture, history and much, much more! All you need to do is sign up using your library card number then browse all subjects available.