Decluttering your home or getting ready for the new school year and concerned that your throwaway items may end up in landfill?
No problem – we have you covered, with some sustainable local solutions.
Here’s eight popular items that can be dropped off and recycled at local outlets:
- Household batteries – drop off at ALDI, Battery World, Bunnings, Household Chemical CleanOut event, Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre, Officeworks, Woolworths and more recently Coles.
Remember - Batteries don’t belong in your household bins. Without safe disposal, used and unwanted batteries can create fire hazards and leak toxic materials.
- Sport shoes including football boots, sneakers, trainers, thongs and golf shoes. Find your nearest Tread Lightly collection point.
- Beauty items including make-up, hair and skin care can be dropped off at Priceline, Mecca or David Jones.
- Children’s toys including soft and educational toys, books and games. Discover more at Toys for Joy or Peninsula Senior Citizens Toy Recyclers.
- Surf wetsuits – all brands accepted at Rip Curl Narrabeen.
- Pens and markers – can be dropped off at Office Works.
- Polystyrene – drop off at one of our collection days.
- Books – Lifeline Northern Beaches accepts good quality book donations. Small donations can be dropped at a Lifeline retail store.