2023 Artists' Book Award
About the award
An artist’s book is a medium of artistic expression that uses the form or function of a 'book' as inspiration.
Every two years the Northern Beaches Library Service holds an Artists’ Book Award attracting entries from around the world. Books are selected from the entries to form an exhibition. From the exhibited books, judges then select books to be acquired and added to the 80 plus artist books the Northern Beaches Library Service holds in their collection. This collection is unique to our community and public library service.
All selected works in the 2023 award will be displayed at the Manly Art Gallery & Museum from 3 March to 16 April 2023. Works selected for acquisition will be purchased as part of the Northern Beaches Libraries’ collection.
- Entries open from: Monday 19 September 2022, 9am
- Closing date for entry: Monday 21 November 2022, 9am
- Successful entrants notified by email by: Tuesday 6 December 2022, 5pm
- Selected works to be received between: Wednesday 7 December 2022 and Friday 3 February 2023
- Opening & announcement of acquisitions: Thursday 2 March 2023 at Manly Art Gallery and Museum
- Exhibition dates: Friday 3 March to Sunday 16 April 2023
- Works to be collected from Manly Library or returned as instructed between: Monday 24 April and Friday 5 May 2023
Who Can Enter
Any artists’ book created within the past two years is eligible for entry to the Northern Beaches Libraries Artists’ Book Award 2023.
The award is acquisitive. Entries are open to ages 16+. Artists’ books must not be priced at more than $3,000 each.
How to Enter
Cost of entry is $40.00 AUD (GST inclusive) per entry + booking fee and is non-refundable.
For further information contact: ArtistBookAward@northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au
Acquired Artists’ Books
A selection of our artists’ book collection is on display at Manly Library in the Creative Library or you can request to view our stored artists’ books at Manly Library.