Young Writers’ Competition 2022
Conditions of Entry
- Entrants need to be members of the Northern Beaches Library Service. Not a member? We will use this form to join you up to your local branch.
- Entry is open to students up to and including Year 12.
- Author must live or go to school on the Northern Beaches.
- Entries can be on any topic or theme and must include a derivation of the word ‘rise’.
- Entries must be the original work of the student.
- Each entry must be typed or in legible handwriting. You are welcome to submit illustrations with your entry.
- Entries can be submitted as a word document or if hand-written then a clear, readable photo or scanned PDF can be submitted.
- Finalists will have their name and story published on the library website and in an eBook to be included in the Northern Beaches Council Library collection.
- Word limit for entries: Years K-2: up to 400 words; Years 3- 4: 400-600 words; Years 5-6: 500-700 words; Years 7- 8: 800-1,000 words; Years 9-10: 900-1100 words and Years 11-12: 1,000-1,200 words.
- One entry per person.
- All entries must be submitted with a completed entry form. Entrants under 16 years of age require a parent/guardian permission.
- Entries must be submitted by 8pm on Tuesday 31 May.