Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, Northern Beaches Council is postponing Open Air Cinema - Frenchs Forest originally scheduled for 8 and 9 January until 2 and 3 April, respectively..
Tickets will be automatically transferred to the new date. If you are unable to attend or wish to cancel your tickets please do so via the ‘edit order’ link on your confirmation email. This can be done up to 7 days prior to the new event date.
Northern Beaches Council is hosting two Open Air Cinema events at Lionel Watts Reserve, Frenchs Forest screening Wonder Park (2019) on Friday 2 April and Jumanji (1995) on Saturday 3 April.
Bring your picnic rug and enjoy a night under the stars! Gates open at 5.30pm, movie commences at 6.30pm.
You can also post an image on social media with the hashtag #BEACHESOPENAIR
You are permitted to bring your own food. Or get your tastebuds ready for delicious food from onsite food vendors:
- Loaded Caffeine Hit – coffee, tea and snacks
- Chill Bar – Fresh gelato
- Popsy Popcorn – Fairy floss and popcorn
- Mr Kernal – Tornado potatoes and corn
- Pizzeria on the Road – Wood fire pizza
This is a glass free event.
This is an accessible event.
Wonder Park (2019) is rated PG. Jumanji (1995) is rated PG. The content is mild in impact. View detail
Terms and Conditions
All sessions are general admission only. Please arrive early to secure your seat.
Everyone who attends our family-friendly events must adhere to our Terms and Conditions
Please note - dogs are not permitted at this event.
COVID-19 safety information
Northern Beaches Council has measures in place to ensure community safety, including:
- Dedicated COVID safety marshals at the event.
- This event follows NSW COVID-19 safety advice. If gatherings exceed site capacity or social distancing rules are not practised, the event may be closed.
- Updates will be shared via our social media page.
- Friendly cleaner’s onsite, ensuring all touch points are sanitised frequently.
- Hand sanitiser available for attendees at multiple locations.
- Marked out queues for food ordering.
- We encourage contactless or card payments when ordering food.
- Signage located throughout the site with COVID-19 safety rules to follow.
You can help keep everyone safe too:
- Observe guidelines for public gatherings.
- Maintain physical distancing 1.5m at all times, including queuing.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Unless ordering food or using the bathrooms, please remain seated and enjoy the movie.
- Wash hands regularly and use hand sanitiser.
- Follow the direction of our staff and treat others with respect.
- Download and use the COVIDSafe app.
- Scan the QR code with your phone camera to check in.
- Place your rubbish in the bin at the conclusion of the movie.
Thank you for your help and understanding.