MissAdventure aims to empower girls through adventure, action sports and the outdoors, instilling them with a deep sense of self-worth beyond their appearance.
For this adventure we have teamed up with the crew from Manly Sailing who will give an introductory sailing lesson, teaching boat handling skills (in small boats), build confidence and water awareness.
- For girls aged 12-15 years
- Girls must be able to swim and will be required to wear provided life jackets at all times whilst on the water.
- All levels welcome with no previous experience is required as training will be delivered by fully qualified sailing instructors.
Whilst the girls are on the water, parents can engage in 'Raising Brave Girls' chat which covers:
- The social media climate your daughters are facing
- How to positively role model healthy body image at home
- How to talk to your daughter and foster her body love
- Warning signs to look out for
- What to do if you suspect body image issues.
After connecting with each other during the sailing adventure, the girls will then jump into some deeper conversations (designed and facilitated by child psychologists and counsellors). The 'Girls Fireside' chat covers:
- Girls seeing their bodies as powerful and reasons to value them beyond appearance
- Identifying where the pressure to look a certain way comes from and how to cope with them
- Finding ways to fall in love with your body
- Build self worth through activity and challenge
$40. Includes participant and their parent or guardian