Every 10 minutes, Australians throw away 6,000kg of fashion and textile waste. Over a year 85% of the textiles that Australians buy ends up in landfill. But 96% of clothing donated to charities is re-used through sales or other recycling programs.
Make a difference and donate quality pre-loved clothing, accessories, manchester and small homewares at the Red Cross Charity Clothing Drop-off Day. The money raised from the sale of your quality pre-loved clothes helps fund Red Cross teams who support people facing hardship, crisis and disaster in Australia and across the Asia Pacific.
Feel great knowing you’re supporting a good cause, decluttering your wardrobe while also saving more clothes from ending up in landfill.
Donated goods will be sold in Red Cross Shops including local stores on the Northern Beaches, including Avalon, Newport and Manly.
What to donate
Quality donations we accept & love
- Quality women’s, men’s and children’s clothing
- Bags, shoes, belts, hats and other accessories
- Bedding, linen, blankets and tableware
- Small quality homewares items such as ornaments, unique décor items and collectables - please wrap and separate these from the above items in a sealed box, (max. box size 60cm x 60cm x 60cm).
Donations we are unable to accept
- Bulky goods such as bikes, prams, mattresses, whitegoods
- Toys and books
- Soiled/damaged goods
Remember, if you wouldn’t give it to a mate, don’t donate!
How to donate
The collection will take place on Sunday 17 January 2021 from 9am - 3pm at the Pittwater Rugby Park (where Beaches Market is held).
Please place items in boxes and/or bags in the rear of your car.
On arrival, remain in your vehicle and the Red Cross collection staff will collect your items.
Please note that we will have special COVID regulations in place for your safety.