Calling all mountain bike, road bike, recreational riders and anyone else interested in learning more about riding a bike.
Northern Beaches Council will be running a cycling celebration which will include a range of free events.
- Blender bike demonstration - make a smoothie from pedal power
- Take a demo ride on an electric bike
- Kids bicycle activity
- Heavy vehicle blind spot demonstration
- Free bike checks
- Free promotional bike items
- Mountain bike skills and information sessions
- How you can repurpose a bike
- Ride at leisure around the Narrabeen Lagoon and explore the multi use trail
- Introduction to Mountain Biking Workshop - 10:30 and 12:30 for workshop times**
All of these activities would not be possible without the support of local businesses and organisations. These events are being proudly supported by: Avantiplus, Brookvale Bike Factory, Dee Why Cycles, Manly Cycles, Specialized, Chocolate Foot, Cannonshockworks, DHaRCO Clothing, Garigal Gorillas, Manly Warringah BMX Club and Bikes 4 Life.
**Introduction to Mountain Biking Workshop will be run by Chocolate Foot. This workshop is suitable for anyone who is new to mountain biking, perhaps you can already ride a bike and are wondering what mountain biking is all about, or you want a few tips to make sure you get started right. During the session we'll take you through bike setup, body position, and basic skills to help you kick start your mountain biking with control and confidence! You just need to bring your mountain bike, helmet, water, spare tube, and any snacks you need.