The Big Ideas Forum is a new quarterly event at Glen Street Theatre that engages the local community in the robust exchange of ideas.
The Big Ideas Forum is an opportunity to engage with people you might not otherwise meet, hear opinions you might not otherwise hear, and come away from the experience an active participant in democracy, rather than a passive observer.
Big Ideas Forum: Mental Health Conversations We're Not Having
On 19 June 2019 the conversation turned to mental health with guest panellists including:
- Gus Worland, TV and radio presenter and founder of Gotcha4Life
- Mitch Wallis, founder of social media movement Heart on my Sleeve
- Paris Jeffcoat, 2019 Young Citizen of the Year and co-founder of One Eighty Inc
- Katie Acheson, CEO of Youth Action, the youth services peak body for NSW
- John Brogden AO, Chair of Lifeline Australia
- Northern Beaches Suicide Response
- Mental Health Services
- Northern Sydney Health Network Suicide Prevention Services Guide
Community Groups and Services
[some explicit language]