Located in the heart of Manly Cove, Manly Art Gallery & Museum presents innovative, distinctive and creative cultural programs alongside its extensive collections of Australian visual art and beach ephemera. Established in 1930, MAG&M is the oldest metropolitan regional gallery in NSW and the centre for the visual arts on the Northern Beaches.
MAG&M is open and its COVID-Safe plan is in place. Following NSW Health advice all visitors (over 12 years) must wear masks and sign in using the QR code on entry, registering details on the Service NSW Covid Registration app. MAG&M also monitors capacity, allowing a limited number of visitors entry per hour. We look forward to seeing you in the Gallery.
Tuesday – Sunday 10am – 4pm
Closed Mondays and Public Holidays
We have some new restrictions in place to ensure everyone’s health and safety. These changes are outlined below:
Register when you visit
- Upon entry, visitors must register with their details via QR code for the NSW Covid Registration App at the front desk. For groups of 4 or more, please call the gallery prior to your visit.
- A maximum of 100 people are allowed in the gallery at any one time. This will be monitored by staff who will be on hand to answer any queries.
- Visitors are asked to observe the 4 square metres per person social distancing.
- A new single direction walk through will prevent any bottlenecks. This will be detailed on posters and directional floor signs and again, with friendly staff on hand to help.
- Exhibitions and displays
- The Design Shop is open and only card payments will be accepted.
What we’re asking you to do
- Register your details using the NSW Covid Registration App QR code available on entry. Details are confidential and not used for any council marketing
- Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases (we won’t be accepting cash)
- Don’t visit in a large group
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
At the Gallery
- People over 12 years old must wear a face mask when visiting
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival
- Cloak your umbrella yourself in the stands provided
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people
What we’re doing for you
- Staff and Volunteers wear face masks
- There are floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances
- The Gallery exhibition space has its maximum capacity, based on the rule of 1 person per 4 square metres. Please follow instructions from staff
- We’ve removed some seating in exhibition spaces to give visitors more space to move
- We’re cleaning frequently with hospital-grade disinfectants, and high-touch items are sanitised after each use
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the Gallery entry
- We will continue to be guided by the NSW Government’s health guidelines and will provide updates to this information
While we have been closed, our team brought you MAG&M Online to keep you connected through art and creativity. Many of these online programs will continue so please check in and see what’s on offer.