Located in the heart of Manly Cove, Manly Art Gallery & Museum presents innovative, distinctive and creative cultural programs alongside its extensive collections of Australian visual art and beach ephemera. Established in 1930, MAG&M is the oldest metropolitan regional gallery in NSW and the centre for the visual arts on the Northern Beaches.
Tuesday – Sunday 10am – 5pm
Closed Mondays and Public Holidays
MAG&M Business Plan 2021-2024
MAG&M is the cultural gateway of the Northern Beaches, dedicated to enriching, inspiring and connecting our communities through the interpretation, exhibition and collection of Australian art, ceramics, culture and heritage. This Business Plan sets out MAG&M’s vision as a place for people and ideas and details objectives that shape our exhibitions, programming, audience engagement and partnerships. Discover more here.
We have some new Covid-Safe restrictions in place to ensure everyone’s health and safety. These changes are outlined below:
Register when you visit
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors and gallery staff and volunteers over 12 years old.
- Upon entry, visitors must register with their details via QR code for the NSW Covid Registration App at the front desk. For groups of 4 or more, please call the gallery prior to your visit.
- A maximum of 200 people are allowed in the gallery at any one time. This will be monitored by staff who will be on hand to answer any queries.
- Visitors are asked to observe the 4 square metres per person social distancing.
- A new single direction walk through will prevent any bottlenecks. This will be detailed on posters and directional floor signs and again, with friendly staff on hand to help.
- Exhibitions and displays
- The Design Shop is open and only card payments will be accepted.
What we’re asking you to do
- Register your details using the NSW Covid Registration App QR code available on entry. Details are confidential and not used for any council marketing
- Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases (we won’t be accepting cash)
- Don’t visit in a large group
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
At the Gallery
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival
- Cloak your umbrella yourself in the stands provided
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people
What we’re doing for you
- There are floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances
- The Gallery exhibition space has its maximum capacity, based on the rule of 1 person per 4 square metres. Please follow instructions from staff
- We’ve removed some seating in exhibition spaces to give visitors more space to move
- We’re cleaning frequently with hospital-grade disinfectants, and high-touch items are sanitised after each use
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the Gallery entry
- We will continue to be guided by the NSW Government’s health guidelines and will provide updates to this information