Located in the heart of Manly Cove, Manly Art Gallery & Museum presents innovative, distinctive and creative cultural programs alongside its extensive collections of Australian visual art and beach ephemera. Established in 1930, MAG&M is the oldest metropolitan regional gallery in NSW and the centre for the visual arts on the Northern Beaches.
Tuesday – Sunday 10am – 5pm
Closed Mondays and Public Holidays
We have some new Covid-Safe restrictions in place to ensure everyone’s health and safety. These changes are outlined below:
Register when you visit
- Upon entry, visitors must register with their details via QR code for the NSW Covid Registration App at the front desk. For groups of 4 or more, please call the gallery prior to your visit.
- A maximum of 200 people are allowed in the gallery at any one time. This will be monitored by staff who will be on hand to answer any queries.
- Visitors are asked to observe the 2 square metres per person social distancing.
- A new single direction walk through will prevent any bottlenecks. This will be detailed on posters and directional floor signs and again, with friendly staff on hand to help.
- Exhibitions and displays
- The Design Shop is open and only card payments will be accepted.
What we’re asking you to do
- Register your details using the NSW Covid Registration App QR code available on entry. Details are confidential and not used for any council marketing
- Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases (we won’t be accepting cash)
- Don’t visit in a large group
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
At the Gallery
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival
- Cloak your umbrella yourself in the stands provided
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people
What we’re doing for you
- There are floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances
- The Gallery exhibition space has its maximum capacity, based on the rule of 1 person per 4 square metres. Please follow instructions from staff
- We’ve removed some seating in exhibition spaces to give visitors more space to move
- We’re cleaning frequently with hospital-grade disinfectants, and high-touch items are sanitised after each use
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the Gallery entry
- We will continue to be guided by the NSW Government’s health guidelines and will provide updates to this information