Located in the heart of Manly Cove, Manly Art Gallery & Museum presents innovative, distinctive and creative cultural programs alongside its extensive collections of Australian visual art and beach ephemera. Established in 1930, MAG&M is the oldest metropolitan regional gallery in NSW and the centre for the visual arts on the Northern Beaches.
Welcome Back! MAG&M to reopen from Tuesday 2 June
It is not the same without our audience breathing life into the space and we are excited to open our doors once again. Reopening with the exhibition Treasures from the Vault to celebrate MAG&M’s 90th birthday, there will be a limited number of visitors using a timed-entry ticket system and reduced opening hours. We look forward to seeing you in the Gallery soon.
Tuesday – Sunday 10am – 3pm
Closed Mondays and Public Holidays
We have some new restrictions in place to ensure everyone’s health and safety. These changes are outlined below:
Pre-book your visit
- Please pre-book your access tickets for one of our 1-hour visits, scheduled on the hour from 10am.
- A maximum of 100 people are allowed in the gallery at any one time. This will be monitored by staff who will be on hand to answer any queries.
- Visitors are asked to observe the 4 square metres per person social distancing.
- A new single direction walk through will prevent any bottlenecks. This will be detailed on posters and directional floor signs and again, with friendly staff on hand to help.
- Exhibitions and displays
- The Design Shop is open and only card payments will be accepted. We have some fabulous new items from our 9 Designers project available to purchase
- There are presently no tours and events
- No cloakroom service will be offered. Please ensure you bring a small bag that you can carry during your visit
What we’re asking you to do
- Book a free timed-entry ticket online
- Provide your name and contact details when booking or on entry to support contact tracing (anyone booking on behalf of others is required to provide those people’s contact details, if requested)
- Arrive for the time you’ve booked and wait to be checked in by Gallery staff
- Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases (we won’t be accepting cash)
- Don’t visit in a large group
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
At the Gallery
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival
- Cloak your umbrella yourself in the stands provided
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people
What we’re doing for you
- There are, floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances
- The Gallery exhibition space has its maximum capacity, based on the rule of 1 person per 4 square metres. Please follow instructions from staff
- We’ve removed some seating in exhibition spaces to give visitors more space to move
- We’re cleaning frequently with hospital-grade disinfectants, and high-touch items are sanitised after each use
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the Gallery entry
- We will continue to be guided by the NSW Government’s health guidelines and will provide updates to this information
While we have been closed, our team brought you MAG&M Online to keep you connected through art and creativity. Many of these online programs will continue so please check in and see what’s on offer.