Welcome to the Northern Beaches 3x3 Basketball Battle 2020!
Here's everything you need to know about registration, heats, finals and 3-point competition!
Please read these competition guidelines carefully. If you have any questions please email the Youth Team email@example.com
$19.50 + 50c booking fee per team (payable on registration - non-refundable)
Teams and ages
Teams must have 5 players.
There are no male/female categories - it is a mixed competition with three age brackets:
- 12-15 years
- 16-18 years
- 19-24 years
All members MUST be within the age bracket as at 28 February (the tournament start date).
All heats will be held from 5 to 9pm:
- Heat 1 Friday 28 February – Avalon Rec Centre
- Heat 2 Friday 6 March – Pittwater High School
- Heat 3 Friday 13 March – Mona Vale Skate Park
- Heat 4 Friday 20 November – Narrabeen (Berry Reserve half court) - Entries open
You can only enter your team into one heat, and availability to enter heats will open once previous heats fill up. Spaces are limited – so don’t hesitate!
The final will be held on Saturday 28 November at PCYC Northern Beaches (Dee Why). Unfortunately due to Covid-19 no spectators will be allowed.
- Heat 1 and 2 winner AND runner-up will go through to the final
- Heat 3 and 4 winner ONLY will go through to the final
Cash prizes are up for grabs for the winners of the final:
- 12-15 age bracket - $500
- 16-18 age bracket - $750
- 19-24 age bracket - $1000
- 3-point comp - $75 per age group
Plus other hidden surprises and prizes throughout the tournament.
Due to COVID restrictions, the three point comp will be limited to just the finals night. Each age group will battle for $75. Teams are able to select one player to shoot in the competition.
At the final,
- five from the right wing (45° angle from the baseline)
- five from the top of the arc (same location as qualification phase)
- five from the left wing (45° from the baseline).
In case of a tie (same points and time), the tied players shoot again.
- We have special COVID safety measures in place to keep everyone safe which will be emailed to all participants.
- Basketball (like all sports) can be risky and can result in injury. It’s important that everyone acts in a safe and responsible way and acknowledges the risks before signing up.
- If you are putting yourself or others in danger, behaving inappropriately, being violent or dangerous, you will be asked to leave and your team will be disqualified from the comp.
All team members must complete a Participant Waiver Form prior to playing (by a parent/guardian if you are under 18 years old).
A scanned copy or photo must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (minimum 1 day prior to your heat) or your team cannot participate.
- Your team must turn up at call time otherwise your team will be disqualified!
- Teams will be allocated a time slot to arrive (depending on your age bracket) and estimated finish time (emailed to your team manager after registration is complete).
Each team requires a team manager (can be a team member, friend, parent etc).
The team manager:
- completes the registration form (including the name and email of each team member) and pay the entry fee.
- is responsible for passing on all information to team members and ensuring the team turns up to the heat at the allocated time.
- is responsible for making sure all members complete and return a Participant Waiver Form.