Entries close: 5pm, Tuesday 19 February 2019
Successful bands will be notified no later than Monday 25 February 2019.
A $50 entry fee (incl. GST) must be paid (by successful bands only) prior to playing in their heat (this assists with production costs). DO NOT send entry fee until you have been informed that your band is competing. Fees are not refundable.
As an all ages venue, no alcohol, drugs or intoxicated persons will be permitted on the premises and performers are expected to tailor their performance appropriately.
A performers workshop will be held in the lead up to the heats, this will cover all elements of the competition as well as very valuable industry advise. It is compulsory for at least one member from each band to attend.
Stage time is 40 minutes, this includes set up and pack down.
Bands will be judged on Musicianship, Originality, Stage Presence, Youth Audience Appeal and Overall Presentation.
Successful bands must be available to play at one of the heats on Friday 15, 22, 29 March (bands only play one of these dates).
The final will be held on Friday 12 April 2019 as part of National Youth Week Celebrations. Performances may take place at Mona Vale Memorial Hall, Yoyo’s Youth Centre and Northern Beaches PCYC.
Production will be supplied - Bands are required to supply their personal amps, instruments, effects and drum kit, etc.
On entering this competition all band members agree that:
- The majority of band members must be under 19 years of age as at 1 March 2019. No single band member may be over 24 years of age. Where there is a mix of ages in the band, the average will be calculated. The average age must be under 19 years (i.e.. if average age is 19.2 – they do not qualify). Proof of age may be required
- The band is not signed to any record label/company, they will abide by the decision of the judges, and all material is original (or the original artist has been properly acknowledged)
- Band members also agree to have their contact details placed on a database for future contact by organisers and sponsors
- Bands and band members (and their parents/guardian if under 18 years) agree to allow information, photos and video taken at events to be used for advertising or promotional purposes.
- All band members have read and understand the ‘Northern Composure Band Competition 2019 Terms & Conditions of Entry.’