We’re calling for community groups, organisations and businesses to be part of our annual Festival events and activities program for the over 60s.
The format will be similar to the 2023 Program, with a printed ‘highlights’ program and many more programmed activities published on Council’s What’s On calendar and the Seniors Festival page.
Events and activities to be based around the following themes:
- Health and wellbeing - including physical and emotional wellbeing, food and nutrition, dementia prevention.
- Technology, intellectual stimulation and art appreciation.
- The value of social connections including intergenerational and multicultural relationships.
- Care for the environment.
- End of life planning - topics such as enduring power of attorney and guardianship, advanced care planning, funeral options.
- Accessing aged care and accommodation options.
Submission of your activity to the EOI does not mean automatic inclusion in the printed Festival Program. Only events and activities especially coordinated for the Festival will be considered for the printed program.
Regular activities and programs submitted to the EOI will be considered for inclusion on the website ‘What’s On’ calendar if submission guidelines are satisfied.
The Festival will be widely publicised via distribution of the printed program, local print media and via Council’s eNews and social media channels.
Expressions of interest close Wednesday 13 December.