- All children must be registered on Hubworks! for Vacation Care services.
- You will receive a logon which you will need to access Hubhello..
- Bookings open three weeks before the start of the holiday period.
- There are no cancellations, refunds, credits or transfers once your booking has been processed, unless a medical certificate is supplied for the day/s missed within one week of the missed day/s.
- Children must have completed their first term at primary school to attend Vacation Care unless they are attending our pre-school Vacation Care program at Manly Vale during the January school holidays.
- Bookings can be made up to 24 hours prior (Monday-Friday) and are subject to resourcing and availability.
- Council reserves the right to review bookings received through BookMe and to withdraw bookings where families have monies owing from previous holidays or where we are unable to meet the needs of all children booked in on a particular day within the resources available.
- To make a booking families will now need to sign up to iPay. This is a direct debit service within the HubHello program. Families can enter either bank account or credit/debit card details.
- All bookings are made using BookMe in the HubHello program. Full instructions on BookMe can be found on the Vacation Care page of Council's website.
- When your booking is completed in BookMe, you will receive a booking confirmation email from Hubworks!
Fees & Payments
- As previously advised on Council's website, childcare fees will rise from 1 October 2020.
- Therefore the Vacation Care daily fee is $72.00 per child for 28 September to 30 September, and will then rise to $76.00 per child from 1 October 2020.
- 10% deposit is required at time of booking. This payment is processed via iPay. Please note if you have elected to enter your bank account details into iPay, you will be required to enter credit card details to pay the 10% deposit to complete your booking.
- Child Care Subsidy (CCS) will be applied to this fee for families who have completed their Activity Test via the myGov website. Centrelink withhold 5% of all subsidy payments which is reconciled with families at the end of the financial year. Families must Confirm the new enrolment for each holiday period in order for Centrelink to process their CCS.
- No CCS will be payable where children are absent on the last day of care they are booked in for each holiday period.
- Outstanding balances are processed in iPay after the school holidays when we have received all the subsidy payments from Centrelink.
Late Pick Up Fee
- Children who are collected after 6:00pm from our centres will be charged a Late Pick-up Fee of $10.80 per 5 minutes late, or part thereof.
Failed Transaction Attempt Fee
- A $2.80 failed transaction attempt fee will be charged to accounts for every failed transaction attempt in HubHello iPay.
- There are no cancellations, refunds, credits or transfers once your booking has been processed, unless a medical certificate or copy of a negative COVID test result is supplied for the day/s missed within one week of the missed day/s.
- Should your family be instructed to self-isolate due to COVID testing or potential exposure risk, please do not send your child to Vacation Care but contact our office so that we can adjust your booking accordingly.
Medical Treatment Consent
By booking my child into Northern Beaches Council’s Vacation Care program I give consent for the service to seek (i) medical treatment for my child from a registered medical practitioner, hospital or ambulance service (ii) transportation of the child by an ambulance service. I understand that I am responsible for any costs incurred.
In the event of an emergency, Northern Beaches Council will make all reasonable attempts to contact the enrolling parent, and any other emergency contact nominated. Should attempts to reach emergency contacts fail, parents are advised that under Clause 174 of the Children’s and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998, a medical practitioner or dentist is empowered to carry out treatment on my child in order to save his or her life or to prevent serious damage to his or her health.
This authority granted by legislation does not relieve a medical practitioner or registered dentist from liability in respect of the carrying out of medical or dental treatment on a child or young person, being a liability to which the medical practitioner or dentist would have been subject had the treatment been carried out without my consent.
How can you help us with Infection Control?
In accordance with normal protocols, staff and children who are unwell with respiratory illness, cough, cold or flu like symptoms should remain at home until symptoms resolve.
- By booking my child into Northern Beaches Council’s Vacation Care program I hereby give consent for the child/ren booked into the Vacation Care program to attend the prescribed activities on the days they have been booked in.
- I give permission for my child/ren to attend the excursions programmed on the days I have selected and have read the risk assessment on Council’s website and the excursion information contained in the School Holiday Activities brochure.
- I give permission for my child/ren to participate in fire, evacuation and lockdown exercises.
- I acknowledge that during my child/ren’s participation in the prescribed activities my child/ren will be exposed to the obvious risks associated with such activities.
- I indemnify Northern Beaches Council, it’s officers and agents and keep them indemnified against all claims, demands, actions and liabilities of any kind (other than due to wilful negligence) arising from my child’s participation in the activity.
- I understand that there are no cancellations, refunds, credits or transfers once my booking has been process, unless a medical certificate is supplied within one week of the day missed.
- I give permission for Northern Beaches Council Vacation Care staff to apply or direct my child to apply the centre's sunscreen unless I provide my own sunscreen.
- I acknowledge that G and PG rated movies may be shown at the centre.
- I declare that the information I have provided in my Hubworks! enrolment is correct to the best of my knowledge.