Warning message

Display your new permit

New permits required from 1 September

Designated beach permit parking areas

These are the locations of Council Pay and Display Carparks. Residents and ratepayers displaying a current Northern Beaches Council beach parking permit may park for free.

However, Manly’s beachfront metered parking spaces along North and South Steyne are limited to four hours free parking.

  • Avalon Beach
  • Bayview Baths
  • Bayview Park
  • Bilarong Reserve
  • Bilgola Beach
  • Birdwood Park
  • Clareville Beach
  • Clontarf
  • Collaroy Beach North
  • Collaroy Beach South
  • Curl Curl Beach (mid)
  • Dee Why Beach
  • Dee Why Headland
  • Devitt Street Beach Carpark
  • Fisherman's Beach
  • Freshwater Beach
  • Gore Street, Freshwater
  • Governor Phillip Park, Palm Beach
  • Jamieson Park
  • Long Reef Beach
  • Manly Beachfront (including North and South Steyne and Queenscliff) *four-hour limit
  • Manly Dam
  • McKillop Park Reserve
  • Narrabeen Beach (mid)
  • Middle Creek Reserve, North Narrabeen
  • Mona Vale Beach
  • Moore Road, Freshwater (beach end)
  • Narrabeen Street Beach Carpark
  • Newport Beach
  • North Avalon Beach
  • North Curl Curl
  • North Narrabeen Beach
  • North Narrabeen Rockpool
  • Ocean Road, Palm Beach
  • Pittwater Park, Palm Beach
  • Robertson Street Beach Carpark, Narrabeen
  • Sandy Bay
  • Shelly Beach
  • South Curl Curl Beach
  • Spit Bridge (Battle Boulevard Only)
  • Warriewood Beach
  • Whale Beach
  • Winnererremy Bay Reserve

Where parking permits aren’t valid

Beach parking permits aren’t valid at Bayview’s Rowland Reserve, Church Point Reserve (to the top of McCarrs Creek Road, above Holport Marina) and Palm Beach’s Woorak Reserve / Iluka Park boat trailer parking area.

To park in these areas you need a special permit (application forms can be found below) or you can purchase a metered ticket and display it on your dashboard. 

Beach parking permits also don’t apply in Council operated parking stations, sign posted residential parking precincts and 1 hour metered / ticketed parking. See the Beach Parking Permit Policy for detailed information.

Mobility parking scheme permit

Issued by Roads & Maritime Service, vehicles displaying a valid mobility parking scheme permit don’t need a beach parking permit and are exempt from paying at Pay and Display meters.

Replacement parking permits

Council will replace parking permits in special circumstances. Sometimes this incurs a fee. Simply return it to us with anything else we need. Please refer to our Policy for further information

Damaged or faulty permits
We will replace your permit for free - even if it's in pieces.

Selling your car
Peel off the permit and we will replace it for free when presented with documentation. Permit must be fully affixed by its own adhesive and is not transferable between vehicles.

Sold your car without removing the permit
We will replace your permit for a $102 replacement fee. What we need:
- Statutory Declaration
- sight a copy of your registration papers.

Lost or discarded permits
We will replace your permit for a $102 replacement fee. What we need:
- Statutory Declaration

Broken Windscreen, Car Stolen or Written-off
We will replace your permit for free (if documentation is supplied. Otherwise a replacement fee will apply). What we need:
- a police report/insurance documents, receipt for broken windscreen or RMS documentation stating car is written-off
- Statutory Declaration

Parking Forms

Parking Permit - Rowland Reserve, Woorak Reserve or Iluka Park

Permits are valid from 1 September to 31 August each year.

Form # 4042

Parking Permit - Community Group Guidelines

Form # 3007

Parking Permit - Postal Application

Form # 3024

Parking Permit - Manly Residential

This parking permit scheme was introduced around the Manly CBD to give priority to residents for on street parking near their homes.

Form # 3027

Parking Permit - Manly National Carpark Resident Access Application

Application for access card to enable passage through the public carpark to enter or exit the residents’ carpark.

Form # 4096

Church Point Carpark Reserved Parking Space

Submit an application for a car parking space located on the upper level of the Church Point Carpark. For more information, please review the Application Process and Guidelines

Form # 4098

Pre-Paid Parking Permit - PCYC Parking Station

For customers that would like to apply for pre-paid parking at the PCYC Parking Station, Dee Why.

Form # 4103

Pre-Paid Parking Permit - Direct Debit Request

Request pre-paid parking payments via direct debit (all parking stations)

Form # 4104

Bicycle Parking Permit - Parking Stations

For customers that would like to apply for an access card to the Bicycle Parking Stations at:

  • Whistler Street Carpark, Manly.
  • PCYC, Dee Why

Please note - this needs to be paid by direct debit - use Form #4104

Form # 4101

Parking Permit - Operational Commercial Vehicle - Manly Parking Stations

For businesses that meet the eligibility criteria to apply for a parking access card for their operational commercial vehicle to access Manly Parking Stations (Saturdays and Sundays only)

Form # 4102

Parking Permit - Church Point

Permits are valid from 1 September to 31 August each year.

Form # 4040

Parking Permit - Church Point Replacement Application

Permits are valid from 1 September to 31 August each year.

Form # 4041

Parking Permit - Western Foreshores

For residents of Coasters Retreat and Great Mackerel Beach to apply for the allocation of a Western Foreshore Permit.

Form # 4112

Parking Fees - Refund Request

 Request a refund of parking fees from a pay and display carpark, Manly Parking stations or the PCYC carpark

Form # 4039

Parking Permit - Statutory Declaration

Form # 3013

Parking Permit - Manly Resident Card - Replacement

Request a replacement Manly Resident Card.

Form # 4116

Pre-Paid Parking Permit - Manly Parking Stations

For customers that would like to apply for pre-paid parking in Manly Parking Stations.

Form # 4089

Ausgrid Scheme - Rowland Reserve Parking Permit

For further information please view the AUSGRID website

Form # 3039