Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA), you’re entitled to see a lot of the information we hold in Council records. In fact, GIPA creates new rights of community access. It also encourages routine and proactive release of information, and we can release different information to you in different ways.

Open Access (Mandatory Proactive Release)

This covers information routinely available on our website, free of charge. It includes media releases and annual reports, meeting agendas and minutes, Council policies and other information. Do a search for anything else you need.

Proactive Release

We release other information that is frequently requested by the public, or is of public interest, either free of charge or at minimal cost. 

Informal Release

We can release some information free of charge with informal requests, though conditions may apply. For example, you may be entitled to information about yourself, but not someone else. Apply online or print the form.

Formal Release

Formal releases are required for information not available using the methods above. Maybe it’s information about another person whose agreement you need, or sensitive or confidential information. Charges and time limits apply.

Complete a formal application for access to information form and bring it in to any Customer Service Centre or email it to

What if my formal application is refused?

If your access to information is refused, you can lodge this GIPA Internal Review form with the Northern Beaches Council within 20 working days after you received notice of the decision. A fee applies.

Pecuniary Interest Register

Send an email to to request access to the Pecuniary Interest Register.

Disclosure log

Details regarding access applications for information that are likely to be of interest to other members of the public have been published in this disclosure log.

Former Council's information

All other information may be provided on request.  Apply online or print the form.

More Information

You can find out more about your right to information and the ways you can now access NSW government information on the Information and Privacy Commission (IPC) website. If you have questions about your application, just call our Customer Service Team on 1300 434 434.