It is our great pleasure to announce the successful writers and artists selected for the inaugural Art & Words Project 2019.
Listed below in alphabetical order of story title is the title of their story, the writer and the paired artist:
- 52 Hertz by Sonia Zadro – Gloria Florez
- Blood or Water? by Kristin Prescott – Belinda Elliott
- Ebb and Flow at the Margins by Susan Steggall – Susie Baxter Smith
- Flawed by Claire Hampson – Sally Mayman
- Fluid Sequence by Katika Funnell – Leesa Knights
- Infinitely Suffering by Barbara Hatten – Tracey Andersen
- Rust by Lachlan Roach – Christine Farkas
- She by Tullie Helene – Nettie Lodge
- She Who Lived by Katie Zelic – Vicki Ratcliff
- The Salty by Rodney Jensen – Megan Barrass
- Winter by Tara Ray – Jude Hungerford
- Within a Drop of Water by Menios Constantinou – Katrina Lezaic
Saltwater invigorates and sustains us, yet destroys land and takes lives. It surrounds and informs the rhythm of life on the Northern Beaches.
Artists and writers were invited to create artworks and stories inspired by the theme Saltwater, to be included in an anthology celebrating community creativity.
Selected art works will be displayed at Northern Beaches Libraries, as well as on the 24-hour digital display screen at Manly Art Gallery & Museum during the Manly Art Festival.
Successful candidates will receive an artist’s fee and a complimentary copy of the Anthology.
- Closing date for entry: 5pm Friday 15 March 2019
- Successful artists and writers notified by: 5pm Friday 29 March 2019
- Successful artist completed work received by: 5pm Friday 31 May 2019
- Launch Night: Date To Be Confirmed at Manly Library, 1 Market Place, Manly NSW
- Digital exhibition open to the public: Friday 6 September 2019 at Manly Art Gallery and Museum, 1 West Esplanade & Commonwealth Parade, Manly NSW as well as displayed at Northern Beaches Libraries
- Manly Arts Festival Exhibition dates: 6 - 29 September 2019
How to Enter
Entries are now closed.
For further information contact: ArtAndWordsProject@northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au
Presented by Northern Beaches Libraries and Manly Art Gallery & Museum as part of the 2019 Manly Arts Festival. Devised & in collaboration with Zena Shapter.
Image: ‘Flying Fish’ by Nettie Lodge