Saltwater invigorates and sustains us, yet destroys land and takes lives. It surrounds and informs the rhythm of life on the Northern Beaches.
Artists and writers are invited to create artworks and stories inspired by the theme Saltwater, to be included in an anthology celebrating community creativity.
Selected art works will be displayed at Northern Beaches Libraries, as well as on the 24-hour digital display screen at Manly Art Gallery & Museum during the Manly Art Festival.
Successful candidates will receive an artist’s fee and a complimentary copy of the Anthology.
- Closing date for entry: 5pm Friday 15 March 2019
- Successful artists and writers notified by: 5pm Friday 29 March 2019
- Successful artist completed work received by: 5pm Friday 31 May 2019
- Launch & Exhibition open to the public: Thursday 6 September 2019 at Manly Art Gallery and Museum, 1 West Esplanade & Commonwealth Parade, Manly NSW as well as displayed at Northern Beaches Libraries
- Manly Arts Festival Exhibition dates: 6 - 12 September 2019
How to Enter
Entries are now open.
For further information contact: ArtAndWordsProject@northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au
Presented by Northern Beaches Libraries and Manly Art Gallery & Museum as part of the 2019 Manly Arts Festival. Devised & in collaboration with Zena Shapter.
Image: ‘Flying Fish’ by Nettie Lodge