Knock, knock! The tiny doors are here. The hunt is officially on for 32 tiny doors hidden across the Northern Beaches.
Before you head off on the hunt, here are a few important things you need to know:
- Find out more about the installations, their locations and the youth involved on the official Tiny Doors website.
- Come by any of our branches to pick up a 'passport' and a map to start your search.
- When you find a tiny door, tick it off your passport and don't forget to take a picture and upload to Instagram with #tinydoorsnb.
- We have official Tiny Doors merchandise! The Tiny Doors Marketing Team have designed some great items that you can purchase at any of our branches.
- If you come across a damaged or vandalised door, please contact David Murray on 9976 1731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with the location and an image of the door if possible.
The Northern Beaches Council Library Service thanks and congratulates the young participants who made this project possible.
About Tiny Doors
Tiny Doors is a grant-funded community art project for young people on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. It is an initiative of the Northern Beaches Council Library Service and, as such, every door created relates to a door or portal from literature. The project has seen 32 tiny doors publicly installed at key sites across the peninsula.
This project has given young people an opportunity to develop specialised skill sets and to build a portfolio under the mentorship of experienced industry professionals.