Children starting their academic journey may not realise how much help is provided by the library for their school projects and homework. Show them how to search for books using the catalogue and explore the quality online resources and activities. If you can’t find what you need, Ask a Librarian!
Books in Your Library
We have junior nonfiction books on all the subjects you study. Our Local History collections have local history information including old Manly Daily newspapers.
Studiosity is an online tutoring service offering just-in-time homework and study help to students in years 3-12. Assistance in available in the subjects of English, maths, science, research and study skills. Students are able to upload a draft of their essay or written assignment and receive expert feedback in less then 24 hours. Live online chat support is also available from 3.00pm - 10.00pm, Sunday to Friday.
To access Studiosity, use your library card number and PIN to log in.
Activities and Resources
We’ve collected some homework and activity resources for younger students:
- ABC Splash - Back to School Resources for kids
- Activity Sheets - home schooling, homework help and holiday activities
- School A to Z - Practical help for primary and high school parents
- Factmonster Homework Help
- Resources for schools - Government educational resources for schools
- Britannica Library - Quality homework and project resources aimed for kids. This resource is from the world leading encyclopaedia Britannica.
Ask A Librarian
If you’re having trouble finding what you need, help for students is also available through the Ask a Librarian service.
This service is open to everyone and is particularly useful for homework and school projects. You can usually expect a personalised response in a couple of working days.