Kanopy is an on-demand film streaming service that provides access to over 30,000 films including classic Australian, independent and world movies and documentaries.
- Go to Northern Beaches Council Library's Kanopy site.
- Select 'Add a Library Card' and enter you library card number and PIN. Please be advised that you will need a complete library membership number to log in, temporary membership numbers will not be accepted.
- Sign up with your name, email and a password.
- Kanopy will then send you an email which will ask you to verify your email.
- Your account set up is then complete and you can begin watching films.
- Library members can watch up to five films per month. Once you press play on a film, you have three days to view it as many times as you want. When you have reached your quota of films, you will not be able to play any films until the new month starts when you will be given a fresh quota of five play credits again.
- Any computer with Internet access.
- A mobile device by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS or Android.
- Television via Apple TV, Chromecast or an HDMI cable.
Kanopy Kids provides a friendly interface to browse content meant for children with a diverse selection of educational and entertaining content that range across movies, television series and animated storybooks. Your access includes unlimited plays of any video on Kanopy Kids, and does not use a monthly credit. Parental controls are available to make sure children stay within the dedicated Kanopy Kids area for age-appropriate content.