Keep up with our News
Stay up to date with the latest news that affects you, subscribe to our newsletters for information right to your inbox.
Despite the heat, thousands of people from across the Beaches came out to celebrate Australia Day at one of our breakfast events, pool parties or citizenship ceremony.
Welcome to our 174 new residents from 26 countries who today pledged their loyalty to Australia and our people.
Thank you to our Australia Day Ambassador, Chelsea Bonner; Helen Hendry our Senior Citizen of the Year and Dia MacNamara Houng our Citizen of the Year, who all played important roles at events today.
A special shout out to the many emergency services personnel who despite being exhausted from recent deployments all over the state helping with the bushfire emergency, still came with their Australia Day festive spirit to serve up breakfast and be among other locals. There’s no better time than Australia Day to recognise these volunteers as legends.
Thanks to the hundreds of volunteers from the following groups who made today possible. It’s a long list! We hope we haven’t missed anyone!
• Allambie Heights Scouts
• Bahai Community
• Beacon Hill Scouts
• Belrose Scouts
• Brookvale Scouts
• Brookvale/Curl Curl Scouts
• Cromer/Dee Why Scout Group
• Dee Why Hills Girl Guides
• Dee Why Lions Rugby
• Elanora Guides
• Elanora Scouts
• First Collaroy Plateau / 2nd Narrabeen Rover Crew
• First Collaroy Plateau Scouts
• First Narrabeen Scouts Group
• Frenches Forest Girl Guides
• Harbord Scouts
• Kiwanis Sydney Incorporated
• Lions Club Manly
• Lions Club of Balgowlah
• Manly Andrew Boy Charlton Volunteers
• Manly Warringah Pittwater Historical Society
• Narrabeen Lakes Festival Committee
• Newport Volunteer Groups
• North Harbour Scout Water Base
• RFS Ingleside
• RFS Mackerel Beach
• Rotary Club Dee Why/Warringah
• Rotary Club of the Upper Northern Beaches
• South Narrabeen Surf Life Saving Club
• The Link Church
• Wakehurst Trefoil Guild
• Warringah Lantern Club
• Warringah Aquatic Centre
• Zonta Club Northern Beaches