Keep up with our News
Stay up to date with the latest news that affects you, subscribe to our newsletters for information right to your inbox.
Our Backyard Habitat program is focussed on helping you create a native habitat garden at home to attract birds, bees, butterflies and other native species.
To launch the program we will deliver free plants to the first 600 households with backyards/gardens to register, right to your front door!
Each household that signs up to the program will receive three native plants to care for. Participants are asked to send photos of their plants once they’re established and thriving.
Almost 2,000 plants that our Bushcare volunteers have caringly propagated from locally sourced seeds at our community nurseries at Manly Dam and Curl Curl are ready to find happy homes!
Due to COVID-19, our volunteers are at home and we are not able to use these plants as intended – new plantings to help regenerate public bushland, parks and reserves, and as gifts for new Australian citizens.
1. Receive free native plants from the Council nursery, matched your backyard/garden, and delivered by Council staff to your home.
2. Help create a wildlife corridor for our native animals to move safely between our bushland reserves
3. Enjoy having native wildlife in your own backyard/garden.
4. Get advice on how to create a native habitat specific to your backyard/garden.
5. Learn from tips and information on how to grow plants and manage weeds more effectively.
Spaces are limited and bookings are essential. Applicants must complete the registration form, providing requested information prior to receiving their plants.
Council plans to expand the project with suitable plants to include residents who live in homes without backyards/gardens later in the year.
Contact us for more information.