Become a candidate at the next local government election.
Please read the details under each step to see which steps apply to you and the relevant deadlines under each step. View the steps
- Process for becoming a candidate
- Information about political parties
- Information for third party campaigners
- Information for political donors
Candidate enquiries should be directed to:
- the NSW Electoral Commission Candidate Helpdesk hotline 1300 022 011
- Email email@example.com
- visit the NSW Electoral Commission website
A candidate handbook will be available from late April.
Online information sessions conducted by the NSW Electoral Commission will be held from late April and prospective candidates are encouraged to view these information sessions.
Please refer to the key dates.