Local Government is an elected system of government directly accountable to the local community. All of the elected representatives, known as councillors, work together to provide good governance for the benefit of their local community.
Under the Local Government Act 1993, council elections are held on the second Saturday in September every four years. By-elections are conducted periodically when a vacancy occurs.
2020 general election
A general election for the Northern Beaches Council will be held on Saturday 12 September 2020.
On 18 December 2018, Council resolved that the NSW Electoral Commission will administer the 2020 election for the Northern Beaches Council – see resolution 388/18.
Northern Beaches Council composition
- 15 Councillors (3 Councillors in each of the five Wards)
- 5 Wards (Pittwater, Frenchs Forest, Manly, Curl Curl, Narrabeen)
The Mayor is elected by the Council (2 year term)
- Process for becoming a candidate
- Information about political parties
- Information for third party campaigners
- Information for political donors