Cr Sprott was born at Mona Vale Hospital, raised in Frenchs Forest and attended Frenchs Forest Primary and Killarney Heights High school. Cr Sprott owned and operated three successful local businesses and during the past 10 years created, owned and operated the Little Manly Beach Kiosk, a very successful and popular beachside Café/Restaurant on the beach at Manly.
During this period, Cr Sprott also served as the Chairman of the Little Manly Beach Community Precinct Committee, the former Manly Council Safety Committee and served on the NSW National Parks Northern Region Advisory Committee. Cr Sprott has been heavily involved in fundraising and hosting events for numerous local charities.
In 2017 Cr Sprott was elected to the Northern Beaches Council as one of three Frenchs Forest Ward Councillors and is an active member on the following committees:
- Manly Warringah War Memorial State Park Advisory Committee
- Northern Beaches Council, Safety Committee
- Northern Beaches Hospital Precinct Consultation Committee.
- Northern Beaches Council, Environment Strategic Reference Group.
- Northern Beaches Council, Places for People Strategic Reference Group.
- Northern Beaches Council, Economic and Smart Communities Strategic Reference Group.
- Sydney Harbour Federation Trust Advisory Committee.
During his time as Councillor, Cr Sprott has fought hard for the people of Frenchs Forest securing funding for our local shopping centres with upgrades currently underway to Killarney shops and Forestville shops in the coming budget. Cr Sprott was instrumental in the start-up of the Forestville Business Group and the creation of the recent events “Spring Nights”, “Christmas in July” and other events at Forestville shops.
Cr Sprott will continue to fight for equal funding for the people of Frenchs Forest and for more open green space for all to enjoy while maintaining strict fiscal management of Council’s budget.
0408 678 480