Mental Health Month is a great opportunity to encourage awareness of mental health, and social and emotional wellbeing in our community.
Celebrated each year in October, Mental Health Month aims to raise awareness, decrease stigma, and empower people to seek help, for themselves or others. This can give people from our community the awareness and the courage to consider their mental health and wellbeing as something that they can work on.
The theme for Mental Health Month 2023 is ‘We all have a role to play’.
The ’Safe and Sound Webinar Series’ (held in 2020) featured 6 webinars from a range of speakers from local support services and organisations sharing tips and information about key stressors and the services available to help you and the people around you live well.
Watch the webinar recordings:
- What's on men's minds in tough times
- Women living well
- Finding your way to wellness as a young person
- Let's talk living well for LGBTIQA+ communities
- Supporting young people to stay mentally well
- Helping older people stay connected