We want to celebrate Halloween with our community by inviting them to explore their local centre by way of a Halloween Family Trail.
Families will be encouraged to explore their town centre in a fun and unique way while visiting local businesses.
How it works
From 14 to 31 October families will be able to get involved in the trail. Participating businesses will display a Halloween character sticker in their store or shop windows which families will need to find. As participants follow the trail and find more characters, they record the characters’ names and submit the completed online form to Council for the chance to win a fabulous hamper of local goodies.
Participating businesses will need to
- Display the Halloween character in shop window. Stickers will be provided to participtating businesses from Monday 2 October to be displayed by Friday 13 October.
- Promote the trail to your customers ie. social media.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to the family friendly prize hamper, with a product or service from your business or a suitable gift. Gifts are to be available for collection on Friday 20 October.
What Council will do
- Produce the trail and distribute promotional materials and resources
- Coordinate the prize hampers including the provision of a basket
- Compile entries and undertake the draw
- Media and promotion of the trail – online and print
How to get involved
We are looking for businesses to take part in the trail. To be part of the trail register below with your business name and address before Thursday 28 September.