Many people would like to connect with their neighbours but don’t know how to go about it.
The Meet Your Street program aims to create a sense of community and develop closer relationships amongst neighbours. Council can help by providing information, guidance and other approvals.
- Opportunity to get to know your neighbours
- Meet others with similar interests
- Children can play safely in the street
- Explore common issues eg. babysitting
- Exposure to and awareness of local Precinct issues
- Opportunity to promote local environmental activities
What is involved?
Any individual or group of neighbours can initiate the process. Just complete the online form using the link below.
Once approved, Northern Beaches Council will provide advice on planning the event, organise road closures if required (and professional traffic controllers to close the road safely) and amenities such as additional waste bins. The volunteer organiser will be required to notify the residents of the street about the road closure.
Please note - the resident organiser of the event will be required to attend an informal induction (to be covered by Council's Public Liability Insurance).
- Each street is limited to one event per year.
- Limitations apply to the number of events held per weekend.
- The event shall be limited to residents of the street and not more than 100 people at any given time
- Events that involve road closures on a bus route or a main arterial road may not be approved.
- Maximum 4 hours duration. Must occur during daylight hours, up to 8pm in Summer.
- Cannot be held during School Holidays, Public Holidays, for Halloween, Children’s parties and the Easter holiday weekend.
Applications for 2019/2020 Meet Your Street parties are now open.
Please note, places are limited and applications will be accepted on a first in best dressed basis.
You will be contacted within five days to advise next steps of your application.
If you have any questions please call the Events Team on 9976 1749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org