The Draft Hospital Precinct Structure Plan at Frenchs Forest has been revealed and it showcases a new town centre with over 2,000 new dwellings, including affordable housing for key workers, a new shopping precinct and outdoor public spaces, all connected by new pedestrian paths and cycle ways. The new town centre also proposes a new state-of-the-art High School and a new Aquatic Centre that may have synergies with the Hospital.
Key highlights include:
- 4,300 new jobs, including jobs created at the new Hospital
- 2,200 new homes
- Provision for up to 10% affordable rental housing to support key workers
- A new state-of-the-art Frenchs Forest High School
- A new Aquatic Centre featuring a 50m pool and a program pool in the town centre
- New pedestrian walk ways and cycle connections
- Multi-purpose indoor and outdoor recreation facilities
- A new, centrally located urban core, connected to the new Hospital featuring new retail and commercial opportunities, vibrant alfresco dining outlets and open community spaces
- A variety and choice of housing types.
The Draft Hospital Precinct Structure Plan will be on an extended exhibition period from Thursday 1 December until Thursday 28 February and includes a number of community information sessions.
For details about the community information session, to obtain copies of the Draft Plan and to make a submission please visit the Draft Hospital Precinct Structure Plan project page.