The Northern Beaches Council Community Hub
Your Say provides a direct link into Council's decision-making processes and provides access to key information and options to have your say.
Council is in the process of consolidating information about projects across the whole of the Northern Beaches to make it easy for you to have your say.
To stay informed register for project updates.
The following projects are open for comment:
- Community Strategic Plan Shape 2028 (comments close: 30 April 2017)
- Disability Inclusion Action Plan DRAFT (submissions close: 25 May 2017)
- Lease and subsequent Acquisition of part of Hope Street Park - Seaforth (submissions close: 23 May 2017)
- Minor Amendments to Pittwater Local Environmental Plan - 2014 (Housekeeping) (submissions close: 22 May 2017)
- Planning Proposal - 15 Jubilee Avenue Warriewood (submissions close: 21 May 2017)
- Marine Parade Amenities Block Land Licence - Manly (submissions close: 16 May 2017)
- Avalon Upgrade - 51-55 Old Pittwater Road Avalon (comments close: 14 May 2017)
- Planning Proposal - Narrabeen Park Parade Narrabeen (submissions close: 14 May 2017)
- Development Application (DA) Service Integration (submissions close: 14 May 2017)
- Pittwater Waterway Review (comments close: 14 May 2017)
- Sportsgrounds and Golf Courses Discussion Paper (comments close: 7 May 2017)
- Affordable Housing Policy (submissions close: 30 April 2017)
- Alcohol Free Zones (submissions close: 30 April 2017)
For updates on all ongoing projects visit yoursay.northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au
Community Engagement Framework
Council is committed to community engagement and ensuring that the community is involved in planning and decision-making. This serves to both strengthen the links between Council and the community, ensure we are aware of and responsive to community concerns, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
At the Council meeting on 11 October 2016 the Administrator resolved to exhibit the draft Community Engagement Policy and Framework for the Northern Beaches Council. The Summary of Submissions and the final Community Engagement Policy and Matrix were reported to Council, and adopted, on 28 February 2017.
The adopted framework consists of:
Community Engagement Policy provides a broad framework and policy direction for engagement.
Community Engagement Matrix provides staff with direction on engagement planning and provides guidance on when and how staff should engage with the community.